I am so excited to share my latest recipe with you guys! My Rum and Chocolate Banana Muffins using “Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade Banana Muffin & Bread Mix” is simple, delicious and perfect for the holidays!
I make a Rum and Chocolate Banana Bread in my book The Seasoned Life, but this is a quick and easy alternative if you’re crunched for time. Your holiday guests will not believe it comes from a box, especially when you add the tasty twists like rum, chocolate and flax seed. The mix is made with the same ingredients you would typically find in your pantry and doesn’t contain artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. It even has real bananas! For a busy mom like me, this is the jackpot! Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade Banana Muffin & Bread mix is going to give us that scratch-made taste we all know and love in half the time. It goes great with my “Holiday Smoothie” for a refreshing winter breakfast on the go too!
The combination of rich banana flavor, savory rum and sweet chocolate lends something for everyone. Plus, the easy steps and quick bake-time allows you to have more time to spend with your family. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed. Enjoy!
Visit facebook.com/simplyhomemademix for more tips and recipes. Join me in sharing your images and tips on how you reimagine scratch-made meals using #SimplyHomemade on social media.
- 1 box Banana Muffin Mix
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup of water
- 2/3 cup of oil
- ¼ cup dark rum
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 packed cup plus 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400° Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle the bottoms of the pan with brown sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ingredients 1-4.
- Then add the rum, chocolate chips and flaxseed to the mixture and gently stir until ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin come out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then serve.